Monday, December 5, 2011

I think GOD is real now, but What next?

Congrats on your new found belief, I am overjoyed that God has revealed himself to you! This new knowledge is wonderful and needs to be nurtured into a beautiful fountain of peace and joy that will be sustained by our Father in heaven through your growing faith in him.




From my experience, this point is a "toughie" as I remember not knowing what to feel or how to feel. But once I was able to find a fellowship to study the word of God with, I found myself moving from level 0 to previously unattained but  desired heights of peace and happiness, two things that I had felt starved of through the horrible trap of depression and low moods I had been caught in for years. 


I grew to know that God, who I had denied and "hated" for years had many promises and plans for my life, promises that I was unaware of and as such couldn't bring to fruition. The beauty of the word of God - the Bible, is that it contains words pertaining to almost all of life's issues and worries. It is a beautiful Manual to Life and I myself have not fully taken advantage of all it provides. 


The most important thing I believe the bible tells us all is  "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7) Isn't that in itself beautiful? 




A valuable thing I believe we should all do is not just eat up everything that's fed to us in terms of the Word of God... Even the Bible teaches that we should confirm that the Bible contains what we've been told it contains Acts 17:11 "These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so."


It's vital also to read things in context. When one takes one line and reads it without at least reading a couple of lines before and after, misinterpretations are possible. I always find http://www.biblegateway.com very handy for checking numerous versions (English and other Languages). It aids understanding. 


I believe that this very moment, you reading this blog has a purpose; God wants to use you to do great things for the World... No matter what you think of your life thus far, God has a way of taking the ordinary or down cast and turning it around and making it extra-ordinary and full of wonder. 


I am a living testimony of his goodness, I went through years of gloom and doom and now when darkness threatens, I just quote God's promises and sing his praise and surely as he promised to do, he picks me up and hides me under his wings and keeps me safe from every depressive thought. Believe me life isn't necessarily smooth sailing but with God all things are possible. 


Again feel free to get in touch with me here by leaving a comment and I'll get back to you!
Check out BibleGateway for verses of inspiration.


No matter what you face, REMEMBER! God Loves You



No comments:

Post a Comment