Monday, December 19, 2011

What are you doing this December?

There's a lot of controversy surrounding Christmas; many believe it's the day Christ was born and many other believe it's the wrong day and wrong month and that it's a pagan festival and as such Christians shouldn't be celebrating it... Well which group do you belong to?




Whichever group you belong to, lets not forget the fundamental and key important part of being a Christian. It is to be Christ-like; meaning living a life like Christ. There is little point putting up a Christmas Tree if you are not Christ-like well that is if you believe it's a celebration of Christ's birth. If however you are an atheist and still give and take gifts this season then ask yourself this WHY?? 




There are others that despite being born Christians, renounced God and then when Christmas comes around they celebrate, they go to "Christmas Parties", these are parties that take place in a lot of settings especially workplaces and guess what- What is Christ-like about getting once-self in a drunken state and participating in utter debauchery and base behaviour??? 


There is no point standing half way. YOU ARE EITHER CHRISTIAN (Christ-like) or NOT... This mish-mash of in-betweener is not glorifying unto God or yourself for that matter... 




I'm sorry to sound like I'm Judging I'm not... I myself see Christmas time as an over commercialized season for a day like every other where every Christian/every Bible-Believing Christian should reflect and make every effort count towards salvation. I know deep in me that I engage in gross gluttony during Christmas and eat myself into a food coma, then resolve over the new year to be a better person. Question is AM I A BETTER PERSON? Gluttony is wrong in every form... consuming excesses when others starve around the world... I know what I want to do this season... I want to get closer to God while making efforts at salvation, I want to reach out to others who are less well off than I am... I want to remember that getting and giving gifts is secondary if not tertiary to the main point of the season... 
Any way RANT OVER :D 


Stay Blessed x

No comments:

Post a Comment